Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nut Allergy Alert--Bread

I haven't seen an allergy alert for bread and nuts lately, so when I got this one I thought I should share it. This is from FAAN:

**THE FOOD ALLERGY & ANAPHYLAXIS NETWORK SPECIAL FOOD ALLERGY ALERT NOTICE**

ALMOND, HAZELNUT, and WALNUT ALLERGY ALERT

October 8, 2008

Arnold Foods Company, Inc., is recalling “Brownberry Whole Grains Bread100% Whole Wheat” due to undeclared almonds, hazelnuts, and walnuts.

The product was sold through retail stores and bakery thrift outlets inIllinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
The product is in 1-lb., 8-oz. bags with green twist ties and a code date of “Oct 11.”

Consumers may return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call (800) 984-0989.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Oh noes! I love Arnold bread, but now have to question them, too. Sigh. At least I no longer live in the undeclared ingredient states.

Thanks for sharing! Libby

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny.

Just thought you may be interested in a new recall/ allergy information website

totalrecallinfo.com

Take care