Monday, December 17, 2012

Food Allergy News: Nut-Free Christmas Treats at the Supermarket

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, so I wanted to re-post an article I wrote last year about supermarket-available Christmas candies that are free of peanuts and tree nuts. This is for those of you who haven't seen it already as well as those of you who could use a refresher.

Of course, always do your own checking on any foods you will serve to your child with food allergies. But this post should at least get you pointed in the right direction.

Here's the link:
 
To this list I would add Andes brand candies (made by Tootsie Corporation--their candy facilities are peanut and tree nut-free, egg-free and gluten-free).
 
Though not a candy, I would also add Skeeter Snacks and Dr. Lucy's Cookies, two peanut and tree nut-free packaged cookie options with fabulous flavors. You can find Skeeter Snacks in many supermarkets; same goes for Dr. Lucy's Cookies.

Although I am listing supermarket finds for the sake of convenience,  I can't say enough good things about my site sponsors that have online ordering for all of your nut-free treats needs. Check the right sidebar for some terrific companies devoted to bringing you nut-free, food allergy-friendly treats all year long.


What are your nut-free candy supermarket finds?


No comments: