Friday, April 19, 2013

Nut-Free Supermaket Finds Friday: Enjoy Life Foods (TM) Granola!

 

Granola makes a healthy snack and a nutritious add-in to many recipes, but as you may have discovered, a good nut-free granola is hard to find. So that's why I chose this week's Nut-Free Supermarket Friday find: Enjoy Life Foods Nut and Gluten-Free Granola. This flavorful and healthy snack comes in three flavors: Cinnamon Raisin Crunch, Very Berry Crunch and Double Chocolate Crunch. (Double yum).

We love all three at my house, not only as a snack but as a great recipe add-in. For example, the Cinnamon Raisin Crunch makes a tasty addition to several recipes I have on this blog including as part of the streusel topping for my Nut-Free Sour Cream Coffee Cake (just add a half a cup to the streusel for flavor and crunch) and it's the granola I use for my Honey Granola Muffins.

You can also stir any of the flavor varieties into oatmeal or add it to my nut-free granola bars in place of chocolate chips.

The Enjoy Life Foods web site has nutritional and ingredients info for each variety. Here's some information on the Cinnamon Raisin Crunch flavor:

Crispy bites of brown rice granola sprinkled with raisins and a touch of cinnamon!


Ingredients:
Brown Rice Flakes, Evaporated Cane Juice, Brown Rice Syrup, Raisins*, Rice Crisps (Rice Flour, Rice Bran, Raisin Juice Concentrate, Honey, Salt), Inulin (Chicory Root Fiber), Ground Cinnamon, Ground Flaxseed, Salt, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Rosemary Extract.
*Sulfite-Free


Allergen Info
Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free.

Source: Enjoy Life Foods web site.

I buy Enjoy Life Nut and Gluten Free Granola at my local supermarket down the street ( a division of SuperValu); it is also widely available at Whole Foods and other natural foods stores. Enjoy Life's web site has a store locator. They also have a full list of recipes for each of their products on their site. Sign up for their newsletter to gain coupon savings, also on their site.

You can also check the Enjoy Life Foods web site for full nutritional/allergen info on their other granola flavors and products.

I hope you find it on your local supermarket shelves, but can also order online!

Note: Nut-free supermarket Friday finds products are chosen for their peanut and tree nut-free status. They may contain other top allergens; please evaluate your own allergy needs regarding any products mentioned here. Thank you!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is great!!! Our grocery store carries very limited enjoy life products and I have been searching for an online store. Thanks for posting this!! I LOVE this brand!!

Gratefulfoodie said...

Good find. I've erased any granola out of mind and recipe mindset since there no tasty safe brands out there.

But alas, you've now educated me that there is hope! I was Whole Foods today and was seeking out safe sunflower seeds to make my own granola. Your timing could not have been any more perfect.

Thank you!

Jenny said...

Lindsey and Caroline (from Gratefulfoodie), Glad to help! Sometimes products like these that have been out there for awhile get overlooked, simply because of supermarket placement. I've found that either the natural foods aisle or gluten-free section will have some foods made in dedicated nut-free facilities, but of course be careful to read labels as natural and GF foods can often contain peanuts/tree nuts. I love Enjoy Life--they have some new stuff coming out, too. Best, Jenny

Unknown said...

Thank you for your blog. My daughter, Holly has just been diagnosed with this allergy. Reading the information here will certainly help.