Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas from The Nut-Free Mom!

I wanted to take this time to say Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate! As the year comes to a close, I can reflect on the many people I've either met through this blog or in person who are working hard to make life better and safer for people with food allergies. Thanks to all of you! Your efforts make a difference.

I also wanted to give a word of hope to parents who may be dealing with nut allergies for the first time this year. It does get easier. And you're definitely not alone. I hope you'll visit this blog often and share your concerns if you have them.

I also hope that everyone takes this opportunity to relax and enjoy time with friends and family. Food allergies can make holidays a little more difficult, but holidays aren't only about food. Serve your family some "safe" foods, bring them along to the parties with you and have fun with the spirit of the season!

If you're heading out to parties and are looking for some food allergy navigation tips, check out my holiday party guidelines. The title says "Thanksgiving" but my tips work for any holiday party.

Also, if you feel like any last-minute baking (as I'm doing today), I've heard some great feedback on my Nut-Free Snowball Cookies and Super-Easy Christmas Cookies, so check out those recipes if you wish!

To all of you, everywhere, Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

SunnieJane said...

Merry Christmas! I'm new to the world of food allergies (son recently diagnosed) and am looking forward to getting to know you & I already appreciate all the info on your site! Have a fun, safe holiday :)
~Mara

Lindsay said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Jenny! Thanks for your wonderful blog.

Jane Anne said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you are having a happy and safe holiday.

Merry Christmas from My House to Yours!