Thursday, December 15, 2011

Peanut Allergy? Nut-Free Christmas Cookies and Christmas Desserts


Wow, what a busy week of writing, work and yes, baking! This is one of my biggest baking weeks of the year. Since so many of you are looking for nut-free Christmas dessert ideas, I am sharing three of my favorites that have been popular with blog readers.

I focused on nut-free for these recipes, so they will contain dairy and/or other allergens. Some of these take more time than others and for beginning or reluctant bakers, I say you can't go wrong with the Christmas Butter Cookies, aka Super Easy Christmas Cookies.

The first one is my all-time favorite Christmas cookie, Snowballs. Usually these are chock-full of pecans or walnuts--not these babies. And they taste great. Enjoy!

Christmas Butter Cookies--these have that bakery taste but they are SO EASY to make with items you probably already have on hand in your house.

Peppermint Cream Mold--totally old-fashioned, really delicious. I modified this from an early 1960s cookbook and it turned out great!

Snowman Chocolate Cupcakes--OK, these take some time to prepare and this is not a quick recipe. For us, it's become a tradition. Get your family, friends or kids to help, and you can have fun while you work on these. And I think you'll really like the result! I submitted this recipe to Chicago Parent's online cookbook.

If you decide to make any of these, I hope you enjoy them! Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

David said...

Great blog! I have an allergy to most nuts so I am definitely going to give some these recipes a try. :)