Thursday, January 8, 2009

Nut-Free Air Travel...What's a Celiac to Do?

Air travel has come up a few times on this blog, specifically the dangers of flying when folks around you may be consuming peanuts or tree nuts.

Some airlines have banned these items; most have not. Those of us with nut allergies have had to find different ways to cope. But what do you do when you're a celiac who turns to nuts as a "safe snack" -- but who doesn't want to cause a reaction in nut-allergic passengers??


My friend Wendy from Celiacs in the House is familiar with the ups and downs of trying to live nut-free and she wanted to know any advice I might have for airplane passengers who want to respect the nut-allergic around them.


Click here to see my response. This is a tough question so feedback or ideas are welcome!

2 comments:

celiacmama said...

I commented on "Celiacs in the House' but thought I'd let you know too of a brand "Enjoy Life" that is gluten-free AND nut-free!

Jenny said...

Thanks for reminding me about Enjoy Life Foods.

That company is so great! Something for everybody.