Monday, February 6, 2012

Food Allergy News: Valentine's Day Chocolate Treats and Tips

Valentine's Day and food allergies don't always mix, what with all the candy, chocolate and bakery items that are off-limits to those with food allergies. Peanut and tree nut warnings are on so many basic Valentine's Day chocolates, especially.


Click this link to see a post I wrote last year about Valentine's Day chocolate goodness available nut-free and online. But order now if you want your goodies in time! Please also note: I state in this post that it's a good idea to avoid supermarket chocolate. That is still generally true, but some of that is changing. Check the labels of your favorite items for new/different allergen info.

I'd like to add another nut-free chocolate company to the list I compiled in the link above: Dean's Sweets, one of my new NFM site sponsors. I discovered them late last year and a box of their chocolates would make a great Valentine's Day gift, especially for the grownups. Forget Fannie May, these are awesome AND nut-free.


What about class parties and Valentine's Day with food allergies? I talk about that here.

Exciting news: I'm working on some great Valentine's Day food tips for Allergic Living's FREE e-newsletter, out soon. If you haven't signed up for this free e-newsletter and you don't want to miss it, please click here to do so now. You'll see the newsletter sign up bar in the upper right hand side bar of the site.

No comments: