Friday, June 21, 2013

Nut-Free Summer 2013: A Roundup of Food Allergy Posts for a Fun, Safe Summer


 
Homemade ice cream break with my youngest. See below (and search the blog)
 for nut-free frozen treat recipes.
Summer is in full swing by now. Most of us have kids out of school and things like parties, road trips and seasonal treats like ice cream and barbecues are on the horizon.

I have written quite a bit about summer with food allergies, so I thought I would share some of my favorite and most useful summer blog posts for those who haven't seen them. For those who have, I hope these will serve as helpful reminders.

Going to a summer party or barbecue? Check out these tips.

Are you scheduling a road trip to visit family or friends? Here's some advice on travel with food allergies.

Sending a child to camp or thinking about it? Here is our day camp story, plus a link to the transcript of a talk I co-hosted on The Motherhood dealing with camp, sleepovers and play dates.

Looking for homemade ice cream? Here is a recipe for nut-free, egg-free basic vanilla. Making ice cream and frozen treats is a fun and easy summer project on a rainy day or for “bored” kiddos.


If you’re concerned about nut allergies and sunscreen, here is a popular post discussing some options. The comments box below this post has great suggestions from readers, too.

And for anyone looking for an overall approach to living the nut-free life, check out my e-book guide for parents and caregivers of kids with life-threatening nut allergies. Grandparents, family members and teachers find it helpful, too.  As always, I appreciate the great feedback I've received from readers of my book. Thank you!



 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you for all the information in your blog and your ebook. My 3 year old daughter was recently diagnosed as peanut/tree nut allergic and both your blog and book have been very helpful. I'm amazed at the overall lack of awareness and misinformation with regard to this medical condition.

Vanessa said...

This is cool!